Multiply and Divide Integers 3/23
Multiply and Divide Integers
In this lesson, we will focus on multiplying and dividing integers. This works a little differently than addition and subtraction.
1. As usual, please begin by reading the textbook pages linked to the right. You do not need to begin the exercises now.
2. Next, watch the videos about multiplying and dividing integers if you are confused.
3. Now, you can go back to the textbook pages and try the exercises, review, and practice. The answer sheet is at the end of the pages.
4. If you would like extra practice, go to the Math Antics Homepage link, and scroll down to where it says "Multiplying and Dividing Integers". There you will find more exercises and worksheets. These all have answer keys.
5. There is extra review and practice on math.com (linked to the right), and Khan Academy lessons.
6. Play the Math Games involving integers to test your knowledge.
--Remember, when you multiply OR divide TWO POSITIVE numbers, the answer is always POSITIVE.
When you multiply or divide ONE NEGATIVE number and ONE POSITIVE number, the answer is always NEGATIVE.
When you multiply or divide TWO NEGATIVE numbers, the answer is always POSITIVE.
Same sings means a positive answer.
Different signs means a negative answer.
-- Even numbers are numbers that end in 0,2,4,6,8
Odd numbers are numbers that end in 1,3,5,7,9