Simplifying, Multiplying, and Dividing Fractions 1/5
In This Lesson
Last week we worked on Adding and Subtracting fractions, and what they mean. This week we will Multiply and Divide fractions to get a better understanding of the way that they work and how to solve problems with them.
1. READ the Textbook pages that are linked to the right on Google Drive.
You do not need to do all of the problems yourself right now.
2. Follow the next link to the Math Antics homepage, and scroll down to Multiplying Fractions:
Click on Multiplying Fractions and watch the video.
3. Then, watch the videos for Simplifying Fractions and Adding and Subtracting Fractions to review.
You can just click the button at the top of the Multiplying Fractions video and exercises page that says "Next" to go to the next two lessons.
4. Return to the Textbook pages and try the problems, OR try the exercises and worksheets on the Math Antics pages for Multiplying Fractions, Simplifying Fractions, and Adding and Subtracting Fractions.
The Math Antics pages have answer keys and videos of the exercises being solved. The Textbook pages link also includes an Answer Key.
5. For extra practice and quizzes, visit the Khan Academy Fractions Unit page.
You will need to scroll down to find the Multiplying Fractions Lessons.